Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Destination: Glenmere Mansion

During my parents recent visit, we took my mom to the most fabulous place, Glenmere Mansion, to celebrate her 60th birthday. 


Sean had read about this place, I did some online research, and we had some friends that highly recommended it.  I knew it was an old historic mansion that has been revived and turned into a boutique hotel.  I thought it would be a place that my mom would enjoy.  Let me tell you, it is eye candy overload.  No pictures do this place justice (and I didn't have my own camera, so I had to borrow my mom's)

One of the owners, Alan, was nice enough to take some time to give us a tour, and it was fun to get some additional background information on some of the pieces, the history of the place, etc.  The designer is Scott Snyder.  I absolutely love his style.

Library...the designer found this chandelier at an estate sale.  He wanted it because it was all black, well, after cleaning it, there was all this crystal and brass...it came from a tobacco estate, so it was just covered in tobacco residue!  Isn't it a beauty?
Isn't this so quaint...what an inviting room that someone can just go in the corner and work on a puzzle!

The GORGEOUS living room.  
There was so much natural light and the mixture of old and new furnishings was perfection.


oh my, I'll take two...

the orchids, the doors, the windows, oh my.

The supper room - with custom painted silk screens with scenes from the Hudson Valley...

Outdoor Area - boxwood heaven.  Off to the left (not pictured), they have a 'reading area' - how wonderfully decadent.
the birthday girl!

Okay, and I think my favorite may have been the bathroom.  I couldn't resist snapping a bunch of pics with my iPhone. It looked like there were little diamonds covering the walls...so glam.  Love.


We ate in their Frog's End tavern - my veggie sandwich was excellent!

And check out the meringue on Sean's cake...so over the top...gorgeous!

They even have a China room, where you can host private parties, and they have over 35 sets of China that the owners have collected over the years, and you can pick and mix and match what China you would like the meal served on.  So fun!

We were there a little to early to get the full effect of all the amazing outdoor spaces that they have...check out this image of the courtyard during good weather...

I can't wait to go back....ahhhh.  I could share so much more...their attention to detail is superb.   Their spa is supposed to open later this year...hmmm...worth saving for?  Probably!  If you can spend $500 - $3500 per night for a room, you should go stay here! 

No comments:

Post a Comment