We started one after we bought the house on Slade, and we have gradually added to it over time.
If you have any additional suggestions, please leave a comment...I would love to hear them! I know there are lots of things that aren't on here that would be helpful in the hunt this weekend.
Here is our random, running list...
- Has basement ever flooded?
- Have seller fix as much as you can have them do on the inspection list
- Drive by at different times of the day/night to check out the scene
- Pay attention to how busy the street is
- Do windows open?
- Age of roof!
- Are shower heads tall enough?
- School district
- Pay attention to neighbors and their yards, dogs, etc.
- Fenced yard
- Get different mortgage quotes
- Security system?
- Gas/Electric appliances
- Motion sensor/outside safety lights
- Age of AC/Heater
- Age of water heater
- Paint condition – chipped, cracks in walls, etc.
- Cable jacks/phone jacks
- Water pressure
- Air return location
- Level Lot
- Window treatments
- Lead paint
- Electrical – all up to date?
- Flooding of yard?
- Sex Offenders close by? (I know that sounds weird, but we learned to take this into account after we moved in and learned there were a couple sex offenders living in a house close to us)
Hmmm...I would love to live on post if I could get one of these houses...