Saturday, August 7, 2010

Toy Storage

How do you stow away toys?  I haven't had to broach too much of this topic yet because when we left our house back in May, Paddy was still totally entertained by a few toys and his exersaucer.  However, those days seem to be over.  So, I have been hoping to find some lockers that I could paint a fun color to help corral toys. 

There are lots on craigslist; however, I just haven't decided the final style/shape that I want yet.

An inspiration pic from the nursery - can't remember where I found this one...

If I really let myself dream, I would want a bank of old swim lockers.  While we were in Boston, there was a guy I was corresponding with about free lockers who said that they also had tons of swim lockers.  As you can imagine, I am just kicking myself for not picking some up and figuring out how to store them. (I am sure Sean would disagree with this statement :))

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE the swim lockers! Think it would still bug me to be able to see the toys after the kids are in bed though! (...I'd be lying if I didn't say sometimes after they go to bed I like to pretend we could still go out at any moment if we really wanted to! ;)) I actually just finished my toy storage unit - found the plans on Knock off Wood - and totally happy with how they turned out. I'm a happy mom when the play room is clean! :)

    Feel free to check them out and let me know what you think! :)
    http://housebynumbers.blogspot.com/2010/08/toy-storage-part-ii.html

    ReplyDelete