Monday, June 23, 2014

Fort Drum Interior Decorating Contest - 1st Place!

When a sweet friend recommended that I enter the Fort Drum Interior Decorating contest, I decided I would go for it.  It was good motivation to get a few things done that I was wanting to do anyway.  Then, another friend with super photography skills so generously agreed to help me get some snaps of the house.

I was in Syracuse running errands and got a call from our Community Center telling me I could pick up my gift card.  Hmmmm....I asked, 'Is this for the Interior Decorating Contest?  Did I place?'  She said, 'Oh, I am so sorry...I thought you already knew - you got first place ($500 to Pier 1)!'

The news totally made my day.

We were only allowed to submit five pictures.  Sarah took some amazing shots, lots of incredible detailed ones.  I am such a detail junkie, it was hard for me to not use all those shots, but given the few pics we could send in, I felt that they had to be of the whole room.

Here are the pictures that I submitted...

The Family Room...
Boys' Bedroom...

Dining Room...

Eat In Kitchen...

Living Room...


Small victories, friends.

12 comments:

  1. Found your blog through Little Green Notebook. I love the stencil you did with the firework pattern! I too have been obsessed with that wallpaper but usually end up going the stencil route because of cost. Great work and happy to have found your blog for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your home! The green drapes and the grey couch are so beautiful!! Great taste!:) The stencil in the living room is pure genius!
    Hello from Romania!
    Ozana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your home! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found you through LGN and I'm so happy I did! I'm a military spouse as well and love interior decorating. It's always fun to see what you can do with new spaces. May I ask where you got the buffalo/bison painting? Love it! You have a beautiful home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. May I ask how you hung that salvaged piece of wood in your dining room? I like that look!
    Also, a small suggestion - rip that skirt off that beautiful curved chesterfield!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats...your house is darling! Love the sofa in the LR!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I found your blog via LGN, you have great style!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, collected-over-time style! And congrats on being featured on LGN and you got a comment from THE Sherry Hart! Woo hoo to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you get that wall-sized map? Great home!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice looking home! Please tell where you got the giant map and bedding in your boys' room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, found you through LGN also. Love your blog! I really, really hope you start updating regularly again! You have a style I love and I enjoy your writing: hope you keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! So funny, I was browsing Pinterest as usual, when I saw your room and thought it looked familiar from somewhere...then I realized you were the winner! I was the second place winner for the contest, yay for Pier One, haha! I was so excited :)

    ReplyDelete