Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Bear Mountain

Recently, I have had a thing for Carousel rides.  Okay, I guess it is just since Paddy has been born.  We took him to the one in Central Park, and recently, on his birthday, we took him to the Bear Mountain Carousel.  Bear Mountain is such a great park to visit anyway, and I hope we will continue to take advantage of being so close to it.

The ride only cost $1/person, and Paddy was free - I can't remember what the age cutoff is for a free ride...but you can't beat $1 ticket!!

The beautiful building that houses the carousel...

Love the detail...
We had to get a bear for Paddy to ride on...he loved it.
If you are ever in the Hudson Valley, this is definitely a place to check out...you can rent cottages, go hiking, rent paddle boats, go to their zoo, have a picnic and use the CUTEST grills ever...what more could you want after seeing this owl grill?

1 comment:

  1. I have been so many times and never noticed the grills! I think it will be fun to go when it has just snowed...the place will be even more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete