Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Chelsea's Living Room

An uber stylish, beautiful and intelligent friend had asked me to help decorate her living room.  She flatters me, as I feel that she really doesn't need help.  She is a dream client on all accounts.  Despite their family no longer being in the Army, they seem to move just as much as we do...so I have had the good fortune of also helping her with a dining room in her latest home. 

The living room was a room with great bones, light and size.

Here is the before...

I found a couple pieces for her at West Bottoms while we were living in Kansas...they were those pieces that were so fun to buy for a client, but oh-so-hard to part with.  Chelsea - if you ever tire of that lamp, let me know :)  You can never go wrong with a lampshade lined in gold.


I did some sketches, and Chelsea was surrounded by some great antique/thrift stores, so she went scouting and was very successful.

She was the perfect stopping point on one of our long drives from Fort Drum to Chicago when I was driving solo with the boys, so it was a treat to see her place in person after our long distance designing...

The walls are BM Gray Owl.  We kept her existing couch, and she had some of the pillows recovered in a kelly green velvet to go along with the other fun pattern play pillows.  It was a top priority of Chelsea's to have interesting fabrics/colors incorporated into the room...

The tray was also a West Bottoms find at Good JuJu - I may or may not have bought one exactly like it.  The amazing lucite table is from an eBay seller.  Similar to the CB2 Peekaboo, however, Chelsea's is thicker, and that extra width really kicks it up a notch.

Chelsea is a Montana girl, and she had this stunning cowhide rug.  The rug is a PB sisal.  
I adore the layered look.

We dreamed of big fiddle leafs for the side of a parsons table.  Score, and score.  Chelsea found a vintage parsons table in very good condition, and the trees!  They may be everywhere these days, but they still aren't getting old to me.  The Target threshold ombre drapes are such a nice soft finish all around the room.  I may or may not also have those in my house :)
The side tables are from her grandparents and were freshened up with paint.  She scored the two pairs of side chairs during her hunting, and had the barrel chairs recovered in green velvet.  I love her choice of leaving the original fabric on the modern chairs as the colors add a dose of whimsy and play nicely with the accessories.  





The colors  on that lamp are so luscious, saturated and perfectly mottled.




These are beautiful and meaningful for this talented pediatrician...

I am humbled to have been able to work on this project with Chelsea - such an honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment