Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Closet Organizers

I had seen these closet organizers that a friend had made as well as on Etsy, so I figured I would give it a whirl as part of Hallie's gift. You just tie these onto your closet rod and then place the appropriate sized clothing in between. I am not sure how practical they will be as I feel like you would have to have a good sized closet since these would take up decent chunk of space. But...it was fun to order some pretty fabric and give it a whirl...

If you are interested in instructions, here is what I did...I bought the wooden door hangers at AC Moore, then I cut the fabric out with a little extra all the way around. I mod podged the fabric onto the front, folding the extra fabric onto the back, and mod podging that as well. I then cut fabric for the backs of the hangers and cut that a teeny bit smaller than the actual hanger and mod podged it on (so it would cover the excess fabric folded from the front). Finally, I made the numbers on the computer and MP'd them on. However, the MP made the ink from the computer run...so I have to figure out a better way to do that next time. I found some fun ribbons for the ties and was all set. PHEW...have you ever seen the word Mod Podged so many times before?

No comments:

Post a Comment