Thursday, October 28, 2010

Paddy's World...

A long time ago, I blogged about wanting to place a big map in Paddy's room.  I ordered it from Amazon, got it before we moved in, matched a light blue to the map for the other three walls, and then was ready to move in.  Krissy came to the rescue and pointed out that I would probably want to hang the map before our goods were delivered so I wouldn't have to move furniture around, etc. to do it later.  So, Krissy, her daughter and I had a fun night hanging wallpaper.  This was my first adventure in wallpapering.  I was pretty clueless, so thankfully, Krissy is a patient and helpful teacher!

Before:

During:

The surprising thing about the map was that it was supposed to be 13 feet long, which would have been too long for the wall we put it on, so I figured we would just trim it...well, it came up about a foot and half short of covering the whole wall.  This drives the 'neurotic me' a little nuts, but I think we placed the map in the right place so that your eye isn't immediately drawn to the piece of wall without map!

The other bummer for us is that Iraq and Afghanistan had to be cut out as they fell where the window is...

I am very pleased with how the map turned out...and I think Paddy likes it too...

come on in and check it out...

 After:

 and here is the 'keeping it real' photo...notice where we ran out of map...

And here are a few shots of the rest of Paddy's room...almost all of this is from his nursery in Boston...

Most of these pictures on the 'gallery wall' were in his Boston room; however, I added the painting of hot air balloons that our sweet friend, Catherine, gave to Paddy.  We also added the very old Army pennant that Sean and I got at Scott's in ATL...


Changing table...since we have 're-purposed' the Brimfield cart in this house, my only other decent option was this buffet we bought in Michigan several years ago.  In Columbus, this was outside in our entertaining area.  In Boston, I did a horrible job refinishing it, and then, I didn't fix it :), but went ahead and used it in our dining room to shove as many pieces of entertaining gear in here that I could.  Don't you love multi-purpose furniture?

Reading corner...with Ari's "Let Go" picture...

The coat rack that my dad made is getting lots of good use...

Thankfully this closet could fit his little dresser (that was completely scuffed up in the move!)

The closet is helping store the 'nicer' books...

Some fun trinkets and books on top of the dresser in the closet...

The beautiful growth chart that Michelle made...I smile every time I see this because I just think about how much time and love went into making this...

That's all we've got :)

4 comments:

  1. I loved this post! Great job on all of the photos...although I have been in Paddy's room many times, I never get tired of seeing all of the perfect details you put in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOVE the map! What a great idea and it turned out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful! I love the map. It's so amazing. And I love the keeping it real photo! (I'm going to have to use that phrase.)

    ReplyDelete