Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Destination Wedding Invitations...

I was so flattered that Ryan and Jamie asked me to create their wedding invitations.  Since they are planning an intimate, destination wedding (Maui, here we come!), we thought it would be fun to create a pretty little package for guests to receive.  Jamie has to be the most laid back bride I have ever known, and it is always fun working with Ryan...they basically gave me free creative license.  It was fun to dream up something that would be special and unique for two people that I love very much.

I can honestly think of few things more fun than putting a lot of heart and soul into a project when you are doing it for people that mean so much to you.

Enough babbling...here is the making of the invitations...

I ordered some starfish to be incorporated into the invitation...

I cut and ironed pieces of burlap that I had in my fabric bin...

I designed, printed, cut, and taped all the invitations, RSVP cards, additional information card and RSVP envelopes...

Labels to be used for the boxes...these are left over labels from my wedding!

You can never go wrong with grosgrain, in my opinion...

The invitation package...

Wish I would have more pics in natural light, but in typical Meghan fashion, much of this was late night work, including photos...


The jute and ribbon were tied in the back.  It is interesting how I just assumed people would slip the entire burlap/ribbon/jute cuff off the invitation, but Ryan said that one guest was commenting on how hard it was to untie the knots!

I used paper shred to serve as a cushion for the invitation/starfish..



I put some shred on top hoping to avoid broken starfish...

Label on the box (I used necklace boxes)...



Getting ready to wrap!  Thankfully, Sean lent a helping hand with some of the wrapping...

Each box was wrapped in shipping paper and a coordinating label was placed on the outside.



Ry & Jamie - it was such an honor to get to make these for you.  Can't wait for Maui!!

2 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! And I love your blog's new design! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meghan, we can't thank you enough for all the heart and effort you put in to these. They turned out way better than we could have even expected, and we have gotten many comments from our guests who love them! Thanks for putting so much time and thought into this project. We love you!

    ReplyDelete