Friday, April 17, 2009

Finally...dining alfresco.

I didn't realize how much I would miss the warm southern weather when we came up to the NE. I terribly miss our backyard. I miss the flowers, the plants, the birds, the outdoor entertaining area, the lounge chairs, the herbs, the lanterns, the globe lights...cocktails, dining, friends, music, relaxing, memories.

I have been waiting for the warm weather to hit Boston, and today, it has. I had lunch with a friend and we were able to sit outside...yeah! I am determined to take advantage of the shorter outdoor dining season we will have here.

We are fortunate to have a very teeny 3rd floor porch here that I hope to have some plants/flowers on. Maybe I will be adventurous and serve our dinner up there tonight!

One of my favorite outdoor dining experiences was on the Jenny Jack farm in GA this past fall. It was to benefit some organic farmers, Chris and Jenny, as they prepared to travel to Italy to represent GA at a food conference. These pictures don't do any of it justice, but it was so charming...150 people seated at one long table with a backdrop of a beautiful field of zinnias. The details, the meal, the whole evening...breathtaking!

No comments:

Post a Comment