Thursday, April 23, 2009

I love planting too early

Being as impatient as I am, I always buy plants too early. I spent most of the day going up and down all our flights of stairs in pursuit of getting some planting done in hopes of attempting a small "urban" garden up on our porch. There is no water source on the 3rd floor, so upkeep is going to be a blast. I have to figure out how to collect rain water up there so I am not lugging a watering can up there every day!

Planted so far:
--three types of lettuce
--two tomato plants
--LOTS of basil. I was in the mood for pesto
--thyme
--lavender (makes me happy to smell it)
--rosemary
--chives

Now...if I can just resurrect my one lemon tree that is trying to make a comeback!!

Maybe one day I will have my dream garden...once we are settled.






























Images we took from Powerscourt Gardens, County Wicklow, Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment