Saturday, May 30, 2009

I miss my lemon trees

As a lot of you know, I was adamant that we move my lemon trees with us to Boston. I will make a long story short...we brought them, but they didn't make it. I have one little stalk that is trying to make a comeback, but that's it. I adored those trees. Tim and Sommer had one waiting for me on my front porch when I got home from dropping Sean off for his deployment. It was the best thing I could have seen at that point, besides Sean, of course. I bought a matching one, and they made LOTS of lemons.

It was incredible to me how much better they were than store bought lemons. They smelled so fresh and lemony as soon as you picked them off the tree just b/c they didn't have the waxy stuff on them. I got so many, I didn't know what to do with them...so this past year, we made our own limoncello.

I wish I liked to drink limoncello, but Randy, Brenda, and Sean have all enjoyed it :). It was fun to make and tend to.

When we were traveling last week, once we made it to the south, I thought...OH!!! I could buy lemon trees down here and bring them home with me! I was so excited. I called Lowes, but who knew...she said that they could not carry them due to some disease coming out of Florida. Looks like I might have to order them online after all.

Anyways, if you find yourself with an abundance of lemons...either from a tree, a farmers market where they are selling 7 for $1, or a centerpiece of fresh ones...think about making your own limoncello!







No comments:

Post a Comment