Monday, July 11, 2011

Potato Goodness

So, I am definitely not the model CSA member.  I am slow to use my produce, and I am not a fan of this mess o' greens we keep getting.

But, recently, when reading a menu for the Peekskill Brewery, they had these potatoes on the menu that sounded delicious:

Bacon Wrapped Fingerling Potatoes
Carmelized Onion Puree and Caper Aioli

When we arrived, they weren't on the current menu.  Since the pregnancy cravings seem to stick with me until satisfied, I decided to use up our CSA spring onions and tiny potatoes and give these a whirl on the 4th.

First, I caramelized the onions by cooking them up in butter until they were a delicious caramel brown and were very aromatic.


I then pureed the onions using my immersion blender.

While I was working on the onions, I had the potatoes boiling.  I waited until they were nice and soft, and then got ready to assemble.


Let the assembly begin!
 I finally figured out that the quickest method was to smear some of the caramelized onion puree onto the 1/2 strip of bacon and then roll up and toothpick it together.
 Throw those babies on the grill!
 Mmmmmmmmm.....
 Pardon my 'cute' blue plastic bowl for the caper aioli- I was too lazy to put in a cute bowl!

We loved them...would definitely do these again!

2 comments:

  1. What can go wrong with something wrapped in bacon! Wish I had been there....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, those look delicious! They are now on my list of things to try...Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete