Saturday, May 1, 2010

Done.

Sorry for the hiatus...I was a bad blogger while away.  So, we completed the Nashville half marathon.  We were slow, but we did it and were able to finish before the bad storm started.  Second half marathon, complete.

I decided that, from now on, if I sign up for any more long races, I would like to bring my phone and blog/text pictures throughout the entire race.  There were so many things that we were amused by during the race, and it seemed like it would make the race so much more bearable and fun.  My favorite sign read "Run like Elin Woods is chasing you"....perfect.

It was such a treat to spend the weekend with Randy, Brenda, Hallie, Nora and Phila.  Staying at Phila's is always such a luxury.  Great food, hospitality and company, as always.  Phila is around 85 years old and has more energy than I could ever dream to have.  If you are ever looking for an escape, you should go visit Phila at Hachland Hall Vineyard.  And you have to actually call her on the phone to make your reservation...authentic.  Go see her.  Phila makes everything better.  And ask for some fried chicken and fudge pie. 


No comments:

Post a Comment