Saturday, January 23, 2010

Another potential project...canvas bag

So, along with the laundry cart misunderstanding, there was another one. Ryan had mentioned maybe I could attempt making him a canvas bag with a 'stained' M on it. I was thinking he meant a big weekend bag. I was immediately constructing it in my head...

Base it on bags like these...



Get some cool canvas/duck cloth in a neutral color, use some thick rope for handles...like this...


Make stencil out of cool font and do some fabric painting...like this tutorial.

The only question I have would be how to sew the rope on as my sewing machine couldn't go through it, so I guess I could sew on either side of it - similar to the bag above, but then how would I connect/tie the rope?

Anyways, what Ryan was REALLY asking was...if he built a wood frame, could I build a canvas bin (like the ones I want for the other potential project) to go around it. Wow, totally misunderstood. BUT...now we have ideas for new fun projects!

2 comments:

  1. Meghan, Check out this store on etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop/reiter8
    Maybe you could buy some material that has the letter "M" on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cool store...thanks for the info!!

    ReplyDelete