Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It's good to 'fall' again...

Fall has arrived out here, and I am very excited to see the vibrant colors again. Sean and I are going to take a trip up to Maine this weekend and check out the foliage, eat at some good places, visit an apple orchard...you know, the fall stuff.

I am so excited. I hope to capture some good fall colors on camera. Cross your fingers.

Along with the fall colors goes the great fall food. Pumpkin has captured me this week. AND...have you ever made pumpkin bread with chocolate chips? My friend brought over some excellent muffins this week that had chocolate chips in them - YUM!!! Why didn't I think of that with the 6 loaves I had already made? (Don't worry, I haven't eaten them all - it is part of the nesting & prep for the Cape Cod shower next weekend!)

Here is the recipe that I use if you are craving pumpkin...

Pumpkin Bread
3 1/3 Cup Flour
3 cup Sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

*Use LARGE mixing bowl
Sift above together and make well in center of ingredients

Add:
1 cup oil
4 eggs
2 cups pumpkin (16 oz)
2/3 cup water

Stir well and pour into greased loaf pan
350 degrees for 1 hour

*Makes two loaves of bread

No comments:

Post a Comment