Friday, July 30, 2010

Tall Stairwell - Art

So, there is a huge empty wall on the stairway wall up to the second floor in our new place...the wall is 10+ feet tall.  I have been trying to figure out how to decorate this space on a budget...

My dream would be to have a huge wall of unique mirrors.  I have always wanted to have a mirror wall, and hopefully I will someday...just not sure it will be in this house.

image via Material Girls

My latest thought is to do some clipboard art...I saw this picture from Elle Decor this month, and I loved this idea.  I could leave the clipboards plain, or paint them if I felt so inspired.  It would also allow me to change out the artwork as I see fit (this is kind of funny that I would even act like I am going to constantly change these since I am the world's worst picture frame changer-outer EVER).

I just like the look and I think I have lots of random but meaningful things that would be fun to hang up see every time we hike the stairs.

image via Elle Decor

I think I prefer leaving the clipboards all natural, but it could also look interesting with a little color...

image via Martha Stewart Living

I have been looking for a cheap source...the best I have found is only .84 each.  Not bad!!

We are heading off for a getaway for a couple days - hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

2 comments:

  1. If you are patient and maybe want a more eclectic look for the clipboard idea (which I LOVE!), then try what I'm trying.

    I stalk my thrift stores on their color sale days (ie, 50 or 75% off pink tags). I've collected 8 boards and the most expensive was .49 Most were a quarter or less. I actually love that they are not all the same perfect tone and size but am thinking of maybe painting them all one color for unity.

    Just another source for getting cheap clipboards.

    Good luck. Can't wait to see what you do. I have a tall stairwell wall too that I really REALLY want to do a mirror on (it is opposite a window). Not sure if I want to do a wall of mirrors or one big one. So I collect mirrors now (of course *smile*).

    Happy decorating!

    Bernadette
    www.b3homedesigns.blogspot.com

    I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete